St. Mary of the Assumption Church (1901)

Laurin

Laurin was once a Northern Pacific Railroad stop known as Cicero until a Canadian. John Laurin, purchased land there and opened a trading store provide materials for the miners to trade with Native American for furs. As the devout Catholic Laurin family prospered over the next forty years, they built this church of stone native to the area.

 

X